Engineers offering services to the public in Vermont must be licensed by the Office of Professional Regulation (OPR). Their web site offers a quick way to verify that an individual engineer or engineering firm is licensed. Click here.

In order to be licensed as a Professional Engineer in Vermont, or any other state, an Engineer must graduate with a bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited college or university, pass the Fundamentals of Engineer examination, have for or more years of experience as an Engineers, and then pass a second discipline-specific examination. Information about applying for a license can be found here.

NSPE members adhere to the NSPE Code of Ethics.